Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

How to serve someone a petition for modification order of custody who suddenly abandoned our child then vanished?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: October 20, 2021

A: I need to serve the father of my child a petition of modification of custody. We both have joint custody of our son but he had physical custody. One day he basically left our son with me then cut all ties. I found out from someone close to the situation that he has been having drug issues and was kicked out of his apartment and is no longer answering his phone.


Q: First, I’d suggest to have a server try to serve him at his old address. Unless the news is solid that he’s no longer living there, it’s worth a shot. Otherwise, you’d generally need to retain a P.I. to track him down. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family law attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080