Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

How do I stop my ex from leaving the country with my child but I didn’t sign the birth certificate?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: January 5, 2022

Q: I am a father looking to save my child. My ex is in New York for the holidays with my child. I have an open case to file for paternity but it was adjourned till March because she was asked if she wanted a lawyer and she said yes. I have proof of her questionable mental state and texts saying that she would hit my child. me and my child both have polydactyly ( an extra digit on the finger) I’m 1000% that it’s my child I’m trying to file for custody as soon as possible before she leaves again I haven’t seen my child in months. I filed for a order to show cause and sent in evidence with it as well. Help please. Thank you

A: The only thing you can do is file the order to show cause, along with a petition/affidavit requesting the relief you’re seeking. it’ll then be in the discretion of the Judge to enter an order in advance of paternity being established. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080