Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

How do I get my boyfriend to leave my house his name is not on the lease?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: November 9, 2021

Q: He been living with me for almost a year. He don’t want to work or help with the bills. He physically abuse me and also have my car keys and don’t want to give me

A: If he’s physically assaulting you & withholding your keys, that appears to fit the definition of “domestic violence.” You should file for an order of protection with your local Family Court – and ask the Court to include a “stay away” provision (which effectively excludes him from your house). For a full assessment, schedule a consult with a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080