Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

How Can Someone Stop Paying Child Support When They Now Live On There Own And Have A Job And No Longer Go To College?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: February 21, 2021

Q: And the mother is receiving and keeping the money.

A: I assume you mean the child is living on his/her own & working. With that assumption, you’d need to file a Petition to Terminate Support, alleging emancipation. Bear in mind you need to prove the child’s totally self-supporting. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080