Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

How can I re-enroll our child to her previous high school without my spouse consent?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: October 16, 2021

Q: Our child was enrolled in a public highschool in the city I work/live but my spouse enrolled our child in her village (another county) during the pandemic. Our child wants to be re-enrolled in her previous highschool but my spouse is strongly opposed. We are running out of time since schools starts in 3 weeks, what are my legal options? Thank you for your advice.

A: If you can’t resolve the issue, then file for divorce. Then you can either negotiate the issue or file an order to show cause & get before the Judge for a ruling. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080