Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Getting A Divorce, Ex Will Not Sign The Papers Nor Pay The Lawyer To Continue The Process

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: November 30, 2015

Q: house, car, and child are involved. currently paying child support no alimony do not want the house or car, just want to get divorced.

A: David’s Answer: You don’t need for your spouse to sign the papers – you merely need to serve him/her & then the ball is in their court to respond. If s/he doesn’t, you may proceed on default. If your name is on the deed/mortgage, however, the court MAY need an inquest hearing to direct that she put the mortgage into her sole name or sell. Schedule a consultation with a NYC Divorce attorney for a full assessment. —David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080