Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Do I Still Have To Pay Child Support If Child Goes Out Of State For College An Live With His Mother?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: February 28, 2021

A: The short answer is yes – child support generally continues in NY until age 21 unless the child is emancipated. If the child’s attending college, then generally the non-custodial parent would not only pay basic support, but also pay his/her share of college expenses as well. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080