Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Do I Need To Pay Child Support If My Daughters Mother Moved But Left My Daughter With Her Grandparents Without My Consent?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: November 16, 2018

Q: My daughters mother moved to upstate New York just outside of PA and she left my daughter to stay here in the Bronx to live with her grandparents and she never consulted me or advised me of the move.

A: The short answer is: if there’s a child support order in place, you could only file a petition to change the payee (the court should not outright terminate the order). If you wish to terminate child support in this instance, your better remedy is to file for custody. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080