Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Do I have to keep paying child support for my pregnant 16 year old daughter? And after birth?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: October 26, 2021

Q: My 16 year old daughter got pregnant but still live with her mother do I have to keep paying child support
Now and after birth?

A: The short answer is yes – the mere fact of your child being pregnant, in itself, is not a basis upon which the court can declare her emancipated. She would either need to be self-supporting, or being supported by the Father (or getting married to him). Call a Westchester Child Support attorney for more info.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080