Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Do I Have A Case In Regards To Getting Sole Custody Due To Failure To Co-Parent And The Seriousness of My Son’s Issues?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: May 11, 2022

Q: “My ex only has residential custody but we have joint custody and he has been lying and not disclosing apparently for the past 4 years we’ve been in court that my son allegedly has ADHD and other medical issues AND he has been giving him medication WITHOUT my knowledge, also had very serious behavioral issues in school. He hadn’t given me any information, hasn’t since the 2017 order inception and I’ve taken him to court over these few years for not communicating. Now that I’ve discovered all of this due to court enforcing the joint custody documents on his school, I want to take him to court. I’m hurt and very hurt that my son is being put through this. Yes, our court orders states medical information and academics be disclosed at all times which means he’s been lying in court about it as well and telling my son not to tell me the truth every time we speak.

A: “One cannot answer that question without a much more thorough analysis. While it appears from what you’ve stated he may be violating the joint custody order, that is only 1 factor amongst many in determining whether physical custody should be changed. Thus, you should call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule an appointment for a full assessment.”

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080