Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Child’s Name Change?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: November 3, 2022

Q: Me and my ex broke up because she told me that she was going to name or child without me that I have no input or say in the matter we argue this through her whole pregnancy and we finally split and went our own separate ways she is now taking me to paternity and child support I want to know after paternity If the child ends up being mine does his last name automatically change to my last name and how do I go about getting a whole name change I live in Westchester County New York

A: No – the surname does not get automatically changed. You may either do so on consent, or you would need to file a change-of-name proceeding. Schedule a consult before a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080