Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Child custody/ visitation- coparent is refusing to let our daughter attend an important family function. What can I do?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: March 11, 2022

Q: I would like to take our daughter to my family’s baby shower but the baby shower happens to be on his scheduled visitation day. I asked if we can switch visitation days but coparent is refusing and says no. I would like our daughter to attend this family event. What can I do?

A: Unfortunately if he’s refusing to give up his day, then the only thing you can do is petition the court. But also make it clear to him that the shoe may be on his foot in the future – and then he won’t like it when he can’t take your daughter to a special event either. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080