Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can You Put A Divorce On Hold In The State Of New York After Papers Have Been Filed? If So, How? Thank You!

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: September 13, 2019

Q: Can you put a divorce on hold in the state of New York after papers have been filed? If so, how much ?

A: You’re not supposed to, as the courts ruled requiring the parties to either resolve the case or file for a contested case within 4 months. That said, rarely does the clerk office police such matters. Call a White Plains Divorce Attorney for more info.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080