Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can You File For Child Support While Living In The Same House And Are Not Legally Married But Share A Child Together?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: September 28, 2020

Q: Living with sons father until I can get my own place however his not supporting any needs of the 2years old. We have lived together in Bronx NY for more than 3 years and are not legally married. He signed the birth certificate. I was told that we have to get a paternity test first and then I have to be living elsewhere in order to file. I just want to do it the painless way possible.

A: You can file the paternity petition now – and then if while the case is pending you physically separate from him, you can proceed on your support case. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080