Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can My Father Marry Someone?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: December 23, 2015

Q: Hello, my question is for my father who separated more than 10 years ago after married about 8 years with my Mom. He tried to divorce couple of times but failed at first couple of years of separation. They left each other and no more contact for many years.

Have they in fact divorced? I have lived with my father since I was a little, and now I am leaving my father to go to college and I think he is getting old, and better to have someone marry him. What should he do? What should I do?

A: David’s Answer: The only way to get divorced is to file for divorce & receive a divorce judgment signed by a Judge. If he didn’t get a judgment, then he can’t get re-married. He’ll need to file for divorce & hire a P.I. to track down his wife. Have him call a NYC Divorce attorney to schedule a consult. — David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080