Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can Me And My Daughter Move If My Husband Is Able To Get A Job Out Of State?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: June 10, 2021

Q: My husband is not the birth father to my daughter, so would I be able to move with her if my husband leaves? She has not spoken to her biological father since the beginning of the quarantine and has said that she does not wish to see him anymore. Her birth father is aware of her resentment to him, and does not bother her. My husband has an offer for a job out of state, so would we be able to move as a family ? Or would I have to take the biological father to court before moving away?

A: You’re best advised to file a Petition for Custody/Relocation. The danger is that if you move without express written consent of the Father or court permission that a Judge may later order you to return the child to NY. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080