Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I Refuse A Court Order?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: March 31, 2020

Q: I recently received a false order of protection from my son against me and at my first preliminary I don’t recall the judge telling me he was going to issue a court ordered cps investigation but now I have a cps worker call me and tell me they need to interview me and investigate me but when I told her I refuse to speak to any cps workers she tells me the judge issued an order but I don’t see it on the paperwork I was given in court. Should I refuse to be interviewed anyway or can I even refuse if it’s a court order?

A: First, you should consult an attorney on the issue. Second, you should go to Court to retrieve a copy of all court orders in your case so that you’re sure you’re not violating any such order by refusing the interview. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Abuse defense attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080