Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I Have My Child Support Case Moved From Manhattan To The Bronx For A New Hearing?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: April 27, 2017

Q: Before I was granted custody of my two children in 2016, a child support order was made in 2015 in Manhattan by social services. The order is for $92 per month which is absurd and not even 17% let alone 25% for 2 kids. I would like a new hearing in the Bronx where the children and I have resided for almost 6 yrs. Is this possible or am I stuck with the same judge whom I feel has an ex parte relationship with my ex?

A: David’s Answer: If the order was done by DSS because the custodial parent is receiving public assistance, then all such cases in NYC are done in Manhattan. You may be better off convincing the custodial parent to take the child off welfare (s/he may leave him/herself on it) & cut a private deal for support directly with him/her. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080