Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I File A No Contact Order Immediately And Without A Lawyer?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: September 24, 2020

Q: My ex has been harassing me. I blocked him on all platforms but emails are still coming through. Last night he threatened to swallow a bottle of valium and said it would be my fault all while texting my mom nonsense messages as well. I havent answered him in 12 hours and he sent 7 emails since being hostile, and over the phone last night while he threatened to hurt himself he also threatened to come and kill me. I want to make it illegal for him to contact him or my family. He and i are almost divorced, he is a drug addict and i dont know if he would kill me or not, but I am already very stressed out by the psychological abuse. I want a no contact order tomorrow. As soon as humanly possible. How can I achieve this? I have a divorce lawyer who i emailed about it, but I want this to go away as soon as possible, before the holiday weekend is over. Is there any way to do this myself tomorrow in case my lawyers cant work within 24 hours?

A: You can file a Petition for a Family Offense (a/k/a request for an order of protection) yourself by accessing the forms on You can then access the Family Court’s website for instructions on how to file it yourself. Call a Westchester Family Law attorney for more info.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080