Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I File A Lawsuit For Abuse And Harassment?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: September 19, 2015

Q: My girlfriend’s sister is constantly abusing me:

  • When i accidentally had all the popcorn, she SCREAMED at me and told me off and criticized me
  • When my Tourettes acted up, she started screaming at me and telling me off and lecturing me and criticizing me
  • When i make a simple mistake (like spilling a bit of water) she screams at me and starts criticizing me
  • If i bump in to her accidentally, she starts screaming at me
  • She tells my girlfriend and her family bad things about me (all false/made up) and turns them against me

Can I file a lawsuit for abuse and harassment?

A: David’s Answer: No. In short, she has freedom of speech which would protect insulting language. Under these circumstances, it’s best to have a frank discussion with your girlfriend and state if the behavior doesn’t stop, or she’s kept away from you, the relationship may need to end. Call a Westchester Domestic Violence attorney for more info. David Bliven, Westchester Domestic Violence Attorney (

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080