Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I Change The Grounds For Divorce From Uncontested To Adultry After A Divorce Decree Has Been Signed After 5 Yrs?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: August 25, 2018

Q: I wish to remarry. But because of my religion , I can only do so if my first marriage ended on the grounds of adultry. My ex wife filed for the divorce, but she filed for an uncontested divorce.

A: If you’re already divorced, you cannot get “re-divorced.” And while in theory you could have filed a motion to re-open the divorce proceeding, it;s extremely unlikely the court would allow the motion 5 years after-the-fact. Call a Westchester Divorce attorney for more info.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080