Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can I Change My Son Last Name To My Fiancé Who Been There Since My Son Was 4 Months Old?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: November 13, 2020

Q: My son biological father has never been in my son life he was verbally and physically abusive and absent while I was giving birth, my son is a minor under 18 years old and my fiancé wishes to adopt him as his own. He has worked extra hours just to provide for my son I keep all the receipts on everything he invested in on my son pampers clothes a bed etc. Currently my son has my last name on his original birth certificate and I had ordered my son biological father to child support in the past he never got served and I closed the case.

A: You can have the child’s last name changed in the context of an adoption proceeding. If the Biological father is not involved, then you’ll likely succeed on an abandonment claim. Call a Bronx Adoption attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080