Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can Child Support Arrears be Removed?

  • By: David Bliven
  • Published: October 18, 2021

Q: My daughter is 21 and I’m no longer on child support but I still owe arrears. I’m unemployed and unable to find work. Can my daughter petition the court to have those arrears erased.

A: The arrears belong to the mother, not your daughter. You may Petition, but to reduce your arrears, you’d need to prove your income was below the poverty line for any given year (in such event the Court MAY cap arrears at $500 for that year) – and prove you lost your last job thru no fault of your own & are making a diligent attempt to find new work. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080