Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can A Child Support Judgement Through The Social Service Of The NYS Still Be In Effect?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: August 23, 2018

Q: A friend of mine received a noticed back in 2005 he owed 32,000 in child support through Social Services. He looked up his legal records for liens and judgements and it states 16,600.00 with a “TRA ” as a code. All NYS tax commission judgements have been vacated, but Social Services comes up as TRA. His kids are in their 30’s and 40’s now. The last filed lien was in 1994 but the most recent letter was in 2005. What does all this mean?

A: Child Support judgments are generally good for 20 years. That said, they can generally keep renewing them until the youngest child is 21 – in which case they can keep collecting until the youngest child is 41. Your friend is well advised to collect copies of all judgments & orders form the courthouse, then bring them to an attorney for a review. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080