Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can A Child Support Court Order Can Be Changed Without A Custodial Parent Being Present.

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: March 18, 2017

Q: I originally had an appt at the end of the month of January 2017. My ex changed it to the beginning of the month. I went to court to adjourn the date. Then I receive a letter stating fact finding. However the amount on my child support has changed. Please advise.

A: David’s Answer: If you received a court notice changing the date of your court appearance – but then you failed to appear on the adjourned date – then they most likely proceeded without you. As such, you should file a “motion to vacate your default” so as to re-open the case. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080