Call (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080 Now To Schedule A 20-minute Case Assessment Or Full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!

Law Offices Of David Bliven
Law Offices Of David Bliven
  • White Plains Office 19 Court Street
    Suite 206
    White Plains, NY 10601
  • Bronx Office 3190 Riverdale Avenue
    Suite 1
    Bronx, NY 10463

Can A Child Support Arrears Be Added Back On After You Waived Them?

  • By: David Bliven, Esq.
  • Published: November 13, 2020

Q: My child’s father did not pay support for over ten years when he finally started paying he was having issues with work and driving because of the arrears. I figured it would be best for me to waive them so he could work and I could get something. I wanted to know if I could have them put back on or is it to late.

A: It depends on how you did it. If you orally waived, or did so otherwise outside of court, then most likely it’s unenforceable. If you waived before a Judge/Magistrate & assuming the waiver was done properly & reduced to a court order, then most likely you cannot retract that now. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support Attorney for a full assessment.

David Bliven, Esq.

Serving primarily White Plains and the Bronx, we provide
guidance for a range of family law considerations
Call Us Now - (347) 797-1188 | (914) 362-3080