A: In & of itself, the number of times the order of protection is violated doesn't necessarily make it a felony versus a misdemeanor. One would need to know whether the prior violations resulted in convictions, and also the manner of the violation (e.g., was it a...
Westchester Domestic Violence Attorney
A: You'd need to file a petition to modify/vacate the order of protection. Call a Westchester Domestic Violence attorney for more info.
Q: I have a tro against my children's mother but she has unsupervised visits every Saturday which is also the same day my children have counseling from 2 to 3 pm while visits with mom the same day are from 1 to 8 pm.The only available days for the counseling session...
How do I get an order of protection changed from a stay away to a refrain from (or dropped)? I put the order in place?
Q: My husband has issues with rage. I had an order of protection put in place as a stay away because I didn't know how we would react (nor did I fully understand that this could go on for months/years). I want to talk to him and try and move forward in life. I have 2...
Order of protection: stay away – is it ok to get info about my spouse from a mutual friend? the order is against him from me
Q: A stay away was put in place. We can only text and talk about the kids via phone. Is it OK for a friend to share info with me about the actions my husband is taking to seek help and get better? A: The answer is yes - if the order of protection is in your favor,...
My article, "Suspended Judgment should be Alternative Disposition in family Offenses" was just published in the New York Law Journal! Here's the link: NYLJ Article
My sister went into family court and filed a false complaint against me and received a temporary order of protection. She lied?
Q: She claims that I threaten her on a date I was no where around her nor did I contact her via phone social media etc. can I file charges against her? A: You can't file charges against her - yet. First you must prevail in court & get the charges dismissed. Then...
Q: We worked out our issues even did a dv class .we now want to get marriedA: An order of protection is valid anywhere in the State. For more info, please consult a Westchester Domestic Violence attorney.
How do I a doctor’s report includes false accusations in order to prove to the judge I am not a threat to my son?
Q: 3 years ago I was involved in a domestic violence case with my son's mother while we were living together. Since then, shes had a restraining order against me. I have not been allowed to see my son and can only see him through supervised visits which cost 500$ each...
Q: He has not spoken to his ex girlfriend since they broke up in 2016 . He blocked her from his phone and all social media since our 18 month relationship. She recently told his ex wife in December that he had been stalking her all of which is a lie ..The first...
- Bronx Adoption Attorney (14)
- Bronx Alimony Attorney (4)
- Bronx Child Abuse (8)
- Bronx Child Abuse Attorney (15)
- Bronx Child Custody Attorney (216)
- Bronx Child Custody Attorney (3)
- Bronx Child Support Attorney (183)
- Bronx Divorce Attorney (140)
- Bronx Domestic Violence (34)
- Bronx Family Law Attorney (161)
- Bronx Prenuptials Attorney (1)
- Firm News (29)
- Westchester Adoptions Attorney (6)
- Westchester Alimony Attorney (9)
- Westchester Child Abuse Attorney (12)
- Westchester Child Custody Attorney (93)
- Westchester Child Support Attorney (122)
- Westchester Divorce Attorney (147)
- Westchester Domestic Violence Attorney (21)
- Westchester Family Law Attorney (84)
- Westchester Prenuptials Attorney (1)
- August 2020 (5)
- July 2020 (5)
- May 2020 (14)
- April 2020 (37)
- March 2020 (4)
- February 2020 (6)
- January 2020 (39)
- December 2019 (44)
- November 2019 (15)
- October 2019 (2)
- September 2019 (6)
- August 2019 (19)
- July 2019 (7)
- June 2019 (26)
- May 2019 (29)
- February 2019 (9)
- January 2019 (32)
- December 2018 (15)
- November 2018 (12)
- October 2018 (36)
- September 2018 (24)
- August 2018 (18)
- July 2018 (21)
- June 2018 (35)
- May 2018 (46)
- April 2018 (31)
- March 2018 (37)
- February 2018 (32)
- January 2018 (33)
- December 2017 (32)
- November 2017 (24)
- October 2017 (41)
- September 2017 (35)
- August 2017 (26)
- July 2017 (24)
- June 2017 (53)
- May 2017 (21)
- April 2017 (26)
- March 2017 (30)
- February 2017 (44)
- January 2017 (34)
- December 2016 (152)
- November 2016 (73)
- October 2016 (9)
- September 2016 (13)
- August 2016 (10)
- July 2016 (16)
- June 2016 (78)
- May 2016 (126)
- April 2016 (4)
- March 2016 (8)
- February 2016 (36)
- January 2016 (39)
- December 2015 (94)
- November 2015 (30)
- October 2015 (5)
- September 2015 (7)
- August 2015 (4)
- July 2015 (8)
- June 2015 (11)
- May 2015 (16)
- February 2015 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- Can I move back into my home when exclusive access time period ends?
- If i have sole legal and physical custody can my boyfriend adopt my child even if we aren’t married?
- My son was appointed a child attorney by the court. What should I tell him before he meets with the child attorney?
- Family Law Question, Therapeutic Supervised Visitation
- How can you make sure you stay with baby?