Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Bronx Domestic Violence Archives

How do I go about getting an order of protection in a domestic violence situation?

Q: My mother new boyfriend of only 2-3 months locked me out my own house, would not let myself and my daughter in. I needed help form the proper authorities to get in as he tried to legally evict me while my mother let it happen. He does not pay rent been there over over 30 days, I understand he has "squatters rights". I contribute to the house bills as will. I do not feel safe living there with my daughter. My mom is on her BF side, she can take me to court if she wants that is fine. In the process would like to protect my self do to an recent incident that occurred between me and the boyfriend. I am a resident of 25 years in my home. Any advise given will be greatly appreciated.

How do I get back my apartment and possessions from an ex-partner who has placed an order of protection against me?

Q: I am the only lease holder to my apartment that I have cohabited with my ex-partner for a year after our breakup. In that time I have encouraged her to find a new place, stopping short serving her a notice of termination out of kindness and genuine fear for her homelessness. I have accepted numerous, highly controlling demands and concessions (no guests, no noise, etc) but never involved the authorities because she also deals with severe mental health issues and I fear that something bad might happen to her if I did have police to intervene. All this time, I have paid my share of the rent, and in the process I have loaned her several thousands of dollars and an expensive laptop.
In early September she began dating again and has since had her new boyfriend move into my home. Recently he prevented me from entering my home. When I called the police, she gave false statements on the report that I pulled a knife on her. While all charged were dropped she allegedly took out a temp family court OOP. I haven't been served yet but I'm afraid to go to my home. I fear she will live there without paying rent and disappearing with my possessions. How do I protection myself and gain entry back?

A: You may retrieve the paperwork from the courthouse. You may then either wait until the court date & make an application before the Judge for an order setting a day to retrieve your belongings, or you may file an order to show cause to advance the date if the retrieval is urgent. Call a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney for more info.

I was Recently served a restraining order from my sister Everything she stated was false can I fight this?

Q: My sister and I haven't spoke since November of 2017 when she slapped me in the face when I was pregnant I did make a police report but did not Follow up with charges. She is the primary caretaker of my father however they have not been getting along as she no longer allows him to use her facility to cook in so I bring him food when I can one day I brought him food she saw me threaten me at threatened to kick my critically ill father out in the street because she believes we call child protective services on her. I just got serve With the order of protection yesterday with a bunch of false statements when the truth is She threatened me and I just drove off with my fiance and let her rant to herself. Now I'm scared that she is using this to take my freedom away because she made these false accusations and at any moment she can lie and say that she saw me and I will go to Jail the only time I am in her neighborhood or was in her neighborhood was to meet my dad at the Courtyard of the building to bring him food and she told him she does not want me in her Area how do I fight this false accusation

Where or how can I find a low-cost lawyer to help me with a court date pending June 19th of this month?

Q: The situation is I have a criminal order protection against my sister and she has a family order protection of protection against me. The incident was she become violent and broke my phone. Afterwards she was arrested. Upon that, she has been making false claims and police reports and we are set for court this month. She even went as far as taking me to court upon these false claims. For all the times the police were called, not once was I arrested or charged with anything. The entire problem is while she is violating the order of protection, nothing has been done about it and the cops refuse to do anything. The main issue from all this comes from her refusal to remove her belongings from my room in which she placed a lock on it.

Can I go to work if the person that has an order of protection on me lives where I work he lives on the 10thflwork on the 12th ?

Q: He doesn't live there or not on the least so he filed an order of protection against me knowing I work there so he trying to make me lose my job.

Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions