High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How do I have a child support arrears judgement owed to DSS corrected after my Motion to Vacate was denied “defective”?

Q: My wife was on social services and after two years of her being on help, and my providing her payments which DSS was aware of and budgeted on her case, they petitioned a child support case, I missed the court hearing and they put a judgement arrears against me of over 15k. When I filed my motion I put all my proof and calculations to show that their amount is incorrect and still here I am being turned away and do not know what to so. I am on unemployment and can’t figure this out.

A: If your motion to vacate your default was denied, then your next step is to file an Objection Appeal – which must be done within 30 days of the date of the denial order. Your other option is to file a downward modification petition, asking the Court to re-calculate the support going forward. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support Attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network