High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Paternity not established, left the country?

Q: Father did not sign birth certificate and told everyone he was NOT the father. I moved on and now live abroad and got a Paternity Petition via email that I did NOT download.
Can a Magistrate declare an absent father the dad in a “Fact Finding” hearing if I missed the First Hearing because I was NOT served??

Can they declare him the father WITHOUT a DNA test in a Fact Hearing trial? What is a Fact Hearing for a Paternity suit?

A: Generally you’re entitled to be properly served with the petition before the Court can proceed. That said, it’s best that you consult an attorney on the issue. Thus, please schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law Attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network