High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What to expect if I accept permanent OOP with no admission of guilt, will this end case?

Q: If I accept the order of protection with no admission of guilt. will that end the case? Meaning no transfer to criminal court?

A: First, there’s no such thing as a “permanent” OP in Family Court. OPs are almost always from 2-5 years, but can be renewed. Second, merely resolving the case in Family Court does NOT preclude the DA from filing charges. You’re best advised to schedule a consult with a White Plains Domestic Violence Attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network