High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Possible Family Law Issue

Q:  My wife and I are legally married and have a child together. We are/were living in the same residence together. She became upset and took the child away from me by leaving the home. She has not returned and did not tell me where she went. I cannot get in contact with her. What legal rights do I have to get my child back? What do I need to do? I am very worried for my child’s safety.

A: You can file a “Writ of Habeas Corpus” with the Family Court, and/or an “Order to Show Cause” and “petition for custody.” Those forms are on the court’s website. You may also for for divorce & make those applications within the divorce case. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Family Law Attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network