High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

If my husband left the country and left me for another women with no contact, how would property in his name be divided?

Q: We have been married for 32 years, I found out he was having an affair and he packed his bags and left the country to be with this women. I am a stay at home mother to our three boys. He has cut off everything, he has a house under his name that we rent out. Would I be entitled to a portion of that house? We don’t know where he is and has shut everyone out of his life. If he doesn’t come back to the county would I be able to claim anything? I am nervous since I have not worked and have no money put aside.

A: He ultimately needs to be served with the divorce summons, so you may need to retain a P.I. in the country he went to so as to track him down. Whether you’re entitled to any portion of the house depends, in part, on whether it’s marital property. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce Attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge