High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How is spousal abandonment defined ?

Q: Got married in May of 2016 and though my wife changed her mailing address to my house via her NYS drivers license she never moved in the house. She has all other documentation (credit cards and personal checking account) addressed to her mothers home. I added her name to Conedison and Verizon Wifi bills. We do not have any children. She has a son from a prior relationship and the guy send her money whenever he feels. I want a divorce. Can I claim spousal abandonment?

A: You can – but you can also simply get divorced on “no fault” grounds. “No fault” are the grounds done in about 99.9% of divorces nowadays. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce Attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge