High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Hello have a question concerning divorce hue do I know if my husband has divorced me with out knowing ?

Q: I married a man who I learned is unfaithful and he is waiting for immigration his status but he is acting strange I want to him divorce now.

A: In NY, you can do a party search via nycourts.gov (https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivil/FCASMain), utilizing “party search” & typing in your name. Then if it comes up see if the case is marked as “disposed” and/or is a “JOD granted” is reflected. If he obtained a judgment of divorce without your knowledge, then it’s possible you may be able to vacate the default. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network