High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Child support without acknowledgement of paternity?

Q: My child’s father accepted child support with no acknowledgement of paternity, the judge asked him if he wanted one and he said he did not, Judge then told him he cannot ask for another one at any time and he was put on child support. Can he get off of child support even though he isn’t in my child’s life? And can he deny having visitations with her?

A: Regarding the child support – if he did not request a DNA test, was advised of all his rights & waived them, then he’d generally have no ability to vacate the order of filiation. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network