High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I file for physical custody if I’m paying for all my child’s expenses in dads house and mine ?

Q: I’m a mother of 8 one of the 8 is from a previous ex last year we got a court order of joint custody and the week split in half but I’m having an issue he won’t help with school or any money in put like clothing shoes food nothing my son is 9 and hates being at dads house I feel like he is going thru emotional distress and having issues in school he really hates being in his father house because dad lives with his parents and brother and I just don’t know what to do anymore.

A: If you’ve tried the arrangement for a year & it isn’t working, then that may be a basis for modification. Of course, one would need more details as to what objections the child has. That said, the financial issues would need to be rectified in a child support case. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge