High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can someone stop paying child support when they now live on there own and have a job and no longer go to college?

Q: And the mother is receiving and keeping the money.

A: I assume you mean the child is living on his/her own & working. With that assumption, you’d need to file a Petition to Terminate Support, alleging emancipation. Bear in mind you need to prove the child’s totally self-supporting. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support Attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network