High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I get visitation rights even if I wasn’t really in my child’s life?

Q: It’s been 11 years and matured and want to be apart child’s life.

A: Since you’ve long-since legally abandoned the child, the Court will consider that as a strong factor against you in determining the extent (if any) of your visitation. If the Court’s inclined to grant visit, I see the probable scenario being that you’ll have supervised visits first (which you’ll need to pay for) in order to assess the child’s comfort level with you. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network