High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Am I required to provide my ex husband with proof of payment from a divorce agreement?

Q: Based on the divorce agreement my ex husband had to buy me out of the house. We both can not find proof of payment. If we go to court will I be required to sign a document stating he paid me for the buy out?

A: Without reviewing the exact structure of your agreement, if it says your husband needed to buy you out, then it seems to me like – if you’re disputing same – he’d need to produce evidence of the payment. That said, with something so significant, one would think there’d be a cashed check or something similar. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Divorce Attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network