High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What will happen with the money due in my NY child support case if I move to Florida?

Q: I am the custodial p parent and I am moving to Florida. What will happen with the child support case in New York? There is almost $ 40,000 in late payments.
he is behind with the payments. Am I going to lose that money if I move to Florida?

A: No – the order does not disappear merely because you move. And so long as the Father remains living in NY, you can continue to enforce the support here in NY. For more info, call a Westchester Child Support Attorney.

FindLaw Network