High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My daughter lives in Jamaica and visiting America. Can the father take her away ?

Q: I need my child here with me and the father said he’s is not sending her back.

A: Assuming you mean the Father resides in New York, and you and the child reside in Jamaica, then the questions would be: has Jamaica issued any court orders determining custody? If not, then one would then need to know where the child has resided at least for the last 6-12 months. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network