High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I refuse a court order?

Q: I recently received a false order of protection from my son against me and at my first preliminary I don’t recall the judge telling me he was going to issue a court ordered cps investigation but now I have a cps worker call me and tell me they need to interview me and investigate me but when I told her I refuse to speak to any cps workers she tells me the judge issued an order but I don’t see it on the paperwork I was given in court. Should I refused to be interviewed anyway or can I even refuse if it’s a court order?

A: First, you should consult an attorney on the issue. Second, you should go to Court to retrieve a copy of all court orders in your case so that you’re sure you’re not violating any such order by refusing the interview. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Abuse defense attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge