High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Exchanging Financial Affidavit information during a Child Support Petition.

Q: The judge ordered my ex and I to exchange our financial affidavit information within 10 days via email. It now has been almost 3 weeks and I still have not received my ex’s information. I’ve already sent my information to my ex.

Do I write to court that my ex has still not sent me the information? We are supposed to exchange it in preparation of our fact finding hearing.

Thank you.

A: The first thing I’d suggest is to e-mail the other side to note that you haven’t received anything & when you can expect it (perhaps they sent it & it was lost in cyberspace). If they continue to refuse to produce the documentation, then you can e-mail the Court – though your better move may be a motion to preclude. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network