High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Child Support and Financial Affidavit?

| Oct 9, 2020 | Firm News

Q: My ex asked to exchange our financial documents and affidavits. Do I have to give it to him? We are trying to work out the details before we go to court but he doesn’t want to agree to an number until we exchange this information. Our two children live with him full time and I do not want to give him my financial details since I got a new job and make more money. If we do not exchange information, will the judge make me at our preliminary hearing?

A: When the support hearing is heard, you will need to produce a financial disclosure affidavit, your last-filed tax return & a recent paystub showing year-to-date information. While you technically don’t need to produce it prior to the case being filed, you’ll eventually need to produce when he does. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network