High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I just give my child the money directly instead of paying child support?

Q: My child decided to move in with his mom and I will be responsible for paying child support now. He is 18 and goes to school, can I just give him the money instead of his mom so I don’t have to pay her support?

If I have to pay her support, can i demand she tell me how she is spending the money?

A: If there’s no order, then you can do as you wish – with the proviso that she can file for a court order of support at any point. If she does, then the answer is no – you aren’t entitled to know what she does with the money. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network