High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My husband won’t sign a divorce because of his religion but agrees to it without him having to sign.

Q: My husband won’t sign a divorce but he is okay with me getting a divorce as long as he doesn’t have to sign. I want to purchase a home soon and they are requesting a separation agreement or a divorce decree. However, since he won’t sign getting a contested divorce is expensive. What can I do? All i am really interested in is purchasing a home.

A: Simply get him served with the summons. Once he’s served, his signature is no longer required for an uncontested divorce. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network