High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I am a stay at home mom of two kids and am considering divorce, but how can we move out of state?

Q: I am a stay at home mom of two kids (2&3 years old). I am unhappy in my marriage and am considering divorce, but would like to move to CA where I have familial support. We currently live in Westchester County, NY, and I have no family or strong support system here. Especially with covid, we are very isolated. How can I make the move when my husband refuses to leave NY.

A: You wouldn’t generally be able to relocate the residence of the children absent his express consent or court intervention. As such, you’re best advised to file for a divorce & request the Judge’s permission to relocate with the children. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge