High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I get my ex boyfriend to leave my house ?

Q: I have went to court and they gave me a temporary order of protection with him still being in the home. I want him to leave and he won’t my name is on the lease and he pays no bills . I live in New York .i stayed he does drugs and he is an alcoholic an he steals from me.

A: If the court didn’t remove him per the TOP, then your remedy is to either file an eviction proceeding in housing court, or argue to the Family Court Judge upon you (hopefully) prevailing at trial that the final order should include a stay away provision. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge