High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can my friend that is illegal file a restraining order

Q: My friend is being harass by his ex gf that has old videos of him when they were intimate and even asking him for money he has prove she even txted me about him and he wants this to end please wat can he do? He is scared that he will get deported.

A: His undocumented status cannot be inquired of by the Court. Moreover, Family Court proceedings are confidential – so there’s no way for ICE to run a computer check to see if he has that type of case pending (as opposed to criminal cases or regular civil cases). Call a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge